Here at Mango we’ve decided to step in and do some Big Time Motivating to make sure you’re still on track with your New Year’s Resolutions. In last week’s post we gave you some tips on how to maintain, or perhaps even make for the first time, your Resolution, and today we’ll give you something a little more concrete: Recipes. I suppose I should explain…
Out of the five most popular Resolutions that Americans make each year, “getting in shape” and “eating right” are the top two. Consistently. What does that tell us? Well, Americans are either A) very forgetful and just don’t remember that they’ve made the same resolution for the past 10 years, or B) their resolution to get healthier didn’t stick on the first go around.
Funnily enough, these recipes will not only help you get into better shape and eat healthier; but at $3.00 or less, they’ll also save you money, which is the number three on the *top five resolutions. So whether your resolution was about health, weight, or even money; read on for five delicious, nutritious, and inexpensive meals to conquer any or all. You know that saying, “kill two birds with one stone?” Well, we’re making it three.
Check out these healthy recipes for every meal—all for under $3.00!
*Just in case you were wondering, the top five resolutions in America are consistently: 1) Get in shape, 2) eat right, 3) spend less money, 4) quit smoking, and 5) volunteer.
1) Apple Sausage Breakfast Patties: Believe it or not, this sinful-sounding breakfast only has about 50 calories and 2 grams of fat, and will only cost you $.33 per serving (under $3 for 8 servings!)
2) *Baked Eggs with Herbs & Tomato: This recipe will serve four, but the price seems better suited for one at just $2.75 for everyone! It’s healthy, the protein in the eggs will keep you full longer, and it’s really easy!
3) *Gluten Free Pancakes: Everything seems to come in a gluten free option these days, so we thought we’d jump on that bandwagon as well. At under 300 calories and less than $3.00 per serving, these will be the best pancakes you’ve ever made!
1) Broccoli, Ham, and Pasta Salad: This low-fat pasta salad is loaded with broccoli, peppers, and other nutrient-filled goodies. This recipe will serve five, and since it is served cold, eating this as leftovers is just as good!
2) Mediterranean Wrap: This wrap is filled with chicken, couscous, a splash of lemon zest, and fresh herbs. Sounds pretty fancy, right? Wrong! It’ll only cost you about $2.00 per serving!
3) *Curried Red Lentil Soup: This vegetarian recipe for six is rich flavor—cinnamon, curry, ginger, and spice—and rich in nutrients. Plus it’s high in fiber and protein, so it will fill you up for longer!
1) Fajita Ranch Chicken Wraps: This recipe will serve four, will take about 20 minutes to prepare, and will only cost you about $2.05 per serving! Plus, it’s full of protein and veggies.
2) Pork Medallions with Cranberry Chutney: Just like the chicken wraps, this recipe will serve four, will take about 20 minutes to prepare, and will make your wallet and your waist happy—its just $1.70 per serving.
3) *Farfelle with Mushrooms and Spinach: This tasty vegetarian option is low in sodium and price. At just $1.48 per serving, you can feel good about serving this recipe for four. The best thing about this one is, you might already have most of the ingredients at home!
*Indicates vegetarian recipe
Did you make a New Years Resolution to get healthier this year? What about to save money? Comment below and let us know how it’s going!